Happy Canada Day!
We can’t think of many things more Canadian to do than eat brunch. After all, maple syrup and bacon often play a pivotal role in our favourite meal of the week.
And, of course, we love nothing better than a boozy brunch. You may elect for the Canadian-born Caesar. But before you do that, check out this beauty from Earl’s: the Clover Club #4, stenciled with a Canadian Flag!
The recipe follows below, but you could also just swing into any Earl’s (Canadian owned and operated) today for brunch and a bevvie. Have fun, eh? And Happy 148th Birthday, Canada. You don’t look a day over 125!
Canada Day Cocktail
(courtesy of Earl’s Restaurants)
- Egg whites (pasteurized) 0.5 fl oz
- Raspberry cordial 0.5 fl oz
- Lemongrass syrup 0.5 fl oz
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice 1 fl oz
- Cranberry juice 1 fl oz
- Smirnoff vodka 2 fl oz
- Measure all the ingredients into a mixing glass and pack with ice. Top with a stainless steel shaking tin
- Shake the ingredients vigorously 50 times to mix and create rich egg white foam.
- Strain the cocktail into martini glass, foam will quickly settle to give top of drink.
For stencil, take any shape and place on top of martini glass, fill spray atomizer with green lime leaf bitters and colour of your choice (choose from a variety of bitters that come in different flavours) pump atomizer and spray lightly in back and forth motion 12″ away from the stencil.